Seniors have the opportunity to be exempt from taking final exams in full year (1 credit) courses during their senior year based on participation in the Renaissance Program.
Exemptions are based on the following three (3) criteria:
1. Seniors must earn a minimum of 13 Renaissance points for one exam exemption. Points begin accumulating in grade 9. The more points earned, the more final exams students may be eligible to exempt during the senior year. Below is a summary of the scoring for eligibility:
Students earn the following points for each Renaissance Card:
- Blue Card - 3 points
- Gray Card - 2 points
- White Card - 1 point
- 36+ points - Unlimited Senior Exam Exemptions
- 31 - 35 points - Maximum 4 Exam Exemptions
- 26 - 30 points - Maximum 3 Exam Exemptions
- 21 - 25 points - Maximum 2 Exam Exemptions
- 13 - 20 points - Maximum 1 Exam Exemption
2. Seniors must earn a Blue or Gray Renaissance card for the first three (3) marking periods of his/her senior year.
3. Seniors must have a 93% average in the class they wish to exempt. Only full year (1) credit courses are eligible for exam exemptions.
The average is determined by adding the following grades and dividing by five (5):
- 1st Marking Period
- 2nd Marking Period
- Midterm Exam
- 3rd Marking Period
- 4th Marking Period - partial grade
The final grade must be a minimum of 93% - There will be no rounding up