Congratulations to Brenna Chernich and Timothy Sheffield who were recognized as CCHS Rotary Students of the Month at the September meeting of the Board of School Directors. The seniors were selected for their overall well-rounded character, leadership, and school involvement. Each will receive a token of recognition on behalf of the Renaissance Committee.
Brenna Chernich is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jason Chernich. She is an outstanding member in the following activities:
- Co-Vice President of NHS
- Co-President of Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Co-Captain of Cross Country
- Winter and Spring Track
- Involved with our Battle Buddies and Falcon Friends
- And, outside of school, with the high school ministry at LCBC
Her honors include:
- 3 years varsity letter winner in cross country and track
- Received outstanding achievement award in world history
As for her future, she plans to obtain a degree in education or physical therapy.
Timothy Sheffield is the son of Drs. John Sheffield and Dr. Marsha Novick.
His activities include:
- Student Council involvement as vice president and state conference presenter and recipient of the Distinguished Student Leader Award for Pennsylvania in 2020
- Soon to earn the Eagle Scout rank
- Member of the National Honor Society and Renaissance Committee
- And, as a tremendous asset to the other students on campus, he heads our math and science peer tutoring program on campus.
Additional honors and interests include:
- Recipient of the Bausch and Lomb Honorary Science award from CCHS in spring 2020
- Outstanding AP/CHS Psychology Student of the Year
- Previous Cornwall-Lebanon Board of Education Student of the Year for both Ebenezer Elementary School and Cedar Crest Middle School
His future plans are to attend a 4-year college post high school, but with so many varied interests and strengths, the next destination has not yet been determined.