Athletic Director Rick Dissinger has announced the following Spectator Guidelines for Spring Sports in accordance with COVID-19 safeguards:
General Expectations for All Individuals for All Sports
- – Individuals should complete a personal health assessment daily.
- – Individuals with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, and those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or illness should stay home.
- – Any person who has COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to attend events or participate in practice/games. A clearance by the athletic trainer will be required for student athletes to return to play.
- – Cedar Crest has established a regular cleaning protocol to ensure facilities are sanitized on a regular basis.
- – Hand sanitizer, PPE and cleaning supplies are readily available for all facilities.
- – Coaches and staff should be regularly cleaning equipment during practices.
- – Social distancing of at least 6’ should be maintained at all times, where feasible.
- – Teams should not engage in hugging, high fives, shaking hands, fist bumps, etc.
In compliance with the March 3, 2021, Order of the Secretary of the PA Department of Health for Mitigation and Enforcement, spectator access to Spring sports may be permitted – dependent upon the size and layout of each individual facility.
Most of our facilities are not enclosed except for the stadium & gymnasium, therefore, we are unable to fully calculate and supervise capacity limits. The present stadium bleacher capacity limit of 20% equals 600 individuals (combined home and visitor bleachers). The present gymnasium capacity at 15% is 300 individuals. All individuals present must comply with the PA Secretary of Health’s Universal Face Covering Order and its subsequent amendments and physical distancing guidelines. Given projected attendance numbers, we do not foresee any competitions breaching the maximum capacity threshold. Therefore, at this time, there is currently no need to limit spectator attendance this spring.
Everyone attending a sporting event on the Cedar Crest campus, including coaches, officials, student-athletes on the sidelines, staff, and spectators, age 2 and older, must wear face coverings unless they are outdoors and can consistently maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
This will include entering, moving around, or exiting each facility. However, attendance at any event is subject to appropriate behavior and adherence to our health and safety plans. Anyone who refuses to adhere to our guidelines will be asked to leave. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- All spectators are to remain in the bleacher area during competitions. No standing is permitted along the fence inside the stadium.
- All spectators are still asked to sit with immediate family members, while maintaining 6’ social distance from non-family members. Spectators are asked to abide by the Universal Face Covering Order when they are not able to social distance.
- The only Spring sport that will be live-streamed by www.cchstoday.com is Boys Volleyball (if we are aware of other livestream opportunities, those will be shared via social media.)
- Concession stands will NOT be open.
- There will be NO charge to enter events.