Home / CCHS / School Board President’s Remarks 5-17-2021

Below are the remarks and staff accolades Mrs. Schlegel delivered at the May 17, 2021, meeting of the Cornwall-Lebanon School District Board of School Directors.

As a reminder, each School Board meeting is Livestreamed and the recording remains on the School Board 2020-2021 Meeting Dates page until the next meeting of the Board. Information about registering to attend upcoming meetings or requesting to address the Board is available below the recording window on that page. Agendas are located in Board Docs.

“I believe we are fortunate to have a school district where people are dedicated and committed to our students. We want our administration and staff to know how much we appreciate their talent and effort as they continue to guide and support our students through these challenging times.

Our elementary, middle and high schools continue to provide successful programs and events for students. On Friday evening, I had the opportunity to stop by the Prom held at the Expo Center. The amount of time and effort by the students, parents, staff, and administration was impressive. I am sure everyone who attended, appreciated everything that was done to make it a memorable experience. As we move forward, I believe the upcoming events that are planned will be a fitting and positive close to a challenging school year, including our Commencement, which will be the culminating event.

“I would also like to thank my fellow School Directors who have worked collaboratively and diligently during these unprecedented and challenging times in an effort to provide flexible options for as complete an education as possible.

“As we continue to all work together, I am confident that we will bring this school year to a smooth and positive conclusion.  Much appreciation to Everyone!

Ruth Ann Schlegel, Cornwall-Lebanon School District Board of School Directors President