Good afternoon, Cornwall-Lebanon Families,
For more than three months, our students have been in our schools learning and successfully interacting in club activities, athletic practices and competitions, and performing in plays. This has been wonderful for our students and our community.
We have continued to follow COVID-19 mitigation strategies that have included the face covering Order mandated by the Acting Secretary of Health. As of last week, the latest court decision issued would lift the Acting Secretary of Health’s face covering Order, effective December 4. A copy of this latest legal decision can be found here.
This most recent decision means that CLSD will continue adhering to the face covering mandate through the week after Thanksgiving (Nov. 30-Dec. 3). As of Monday, Dec. 6, the wearing of face coverings will be optional. The District’s Health and Safety Plan allows the wearing of face coverings, but does not mandate them.
One of our primary goals has been to not have this issue become divisive in our community as has occurred in other districts. We have only been able to do this with everyone’s respect and civility. The cooperation of everyone in this matter is very much appreciated.
In addition, we have received questions from some families regarding COVID-19 testing and vaccinations. Answers to these questions appear below my signature.
May you and your family have a very peaceful and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
COVID-19 VACCINATION LOCATIONS IN THE LEBANON AREA
For those families and staff members who are interested in obtaining vaccinations, you will find information from WellSpan Health on the Community Bulletin Board on the CLSD website about area vaccination locations.
OPTIONAL COVID-19 TESTING FOR CLSD STUDENTS & STAFF MEMBERS
As a service to families of District students and staff members who are interested in a free, federally-funded COVID-19 testing option, Cornwall-Lebanon School District will host a weekly COVID-19 testing location on the Cedar Crest campus. Nurses assigned by the Department of Health will staff this site beginning Tuesday, *Dec. 7, 2021, and each Tuesday thereafter. This testing option is available for CLSD students and staff members who either are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or have been identified by CLSD Administration as a close contact. All testing is optional.
To participate, complete these two steps to the process:
1) Complete the CONSENT FORM: Parents/guardians must provide consent for their minor children by completing the consent form that can be accessed via this link. Please use the following access codes to identify the student’s school:
- Cedar Crest High School: W1QCML
- Cedar Crest Middle School: HV4J3C
- Cornwall Elementary: EEYTAV
- Ebenezer Elementary: EEVJHL
- South Lebanon Elementary: UWCYLN
- Union Canal Elementary: 6VH6AW
**NOTE: You will receive a confirmation email from the DOH-contracted supplier, ConcentricbyGinko.com.
2) Schedule an APPOINTMENT: AFTER submitting the consent form, parents/guardians can schedule an appointment using this link: Testing Sign-Up. CLSD cannot schedule or test anyone for COVID-19 who does not have a completed consent form. Students aged 18+ and staff members who are interested in participating will be asked to sign a consent form at the testing site.
- AFTER submitting the consent form, parents/guardians can schedule an appointment using this link: Testing Sign-Up. CLSD cannot schedule or test anyone for COVID-19 who does not have a completed consent form. Students aged 18+ and staff members who are interested in participating will be asked to sign a consent form at the testing site.
Questions? After scheduling your appointment, if you still have a question, please email Mrs. Diane Krissinger, firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails will be responded to after Holiday Break, Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021.
*NOTE: The State’s nursing contractor informed CLSD over the holiday break of the need to delay the first test date until the nurses that are assigned to CLSD are able to clear all background checks needed to work in a school setting. The testing location on the Cedar Crest campus now is scheduled to open Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2021, and every Tuesday thereafter.