Hello, CLSD Families,
As Supervisor of Food and Nutrition Services for the Cornwall-Lebanon School District, I am committed to providing quality meals while still helping to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases throughout the school day. Below you will find the most up-to-date information detailing our current safety protocols.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Cornwall-Lebanon School District Food Service Department has enhanced its safety measures daily. As we start the 2021-2022 school year, Food Service has updated the procedures you will see outlined below. If you have any questions, you may ask your school building principal or call me directly at (717) 389-1849. You also may email me for the quickest response at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emily Rodriguez, RDN
Supervisor of Food and Nutrition Services
Districtwide Safety Procedures for Food Services
- Face coverings and personal protective equipment are optional for all people within the Cornwall-Lebanon School District
- Food Service staff members will be required to wear face coverings and appropriate personal protective equipment when deemed necessary by the Supervisor of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Protective plexiglass continues at all registers
- ID scanners are the preferred method of transaction, but Pin Pads will be available for use to reduce the contact in some schools between the cashier and child.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations throughout the building including cafeteria and serving lines.
- Encouraged social distancing while receiving food from the café and between café lines.
- Reduction of hand-to-hand money exchange
- Students will be asked during homeroom/first period to submit their cash or check deposits for meal accounts
- Please have your student bring their cash or check deposit for FS in an envelope that is clearly marked with NAME AND PIN
- Cornwall Elementary, Union Canal Elementary and Ebenezer Elementary will provide FREE breakfast to all students who present in the breakfast line in the cafeteria.
- South Lebanon Elementary and Cedar Crest Middle School will provide FREE breakfast to all students who present in the breakfast line at the Main Entrance of their respective buildings
- Cedar Crest High School will provide FREE breakfast to all students who present themselves in the CCHS cafeteria OR LGI entrance.
- Lunches will continue to be served in a safe and nutritious way in all six of the Cornwall-Lebanon Schools.
- Self-Serve station will return in certain capacities at the CCMS and CCHS ONLY.
- Employee supervision of all self-serve stations will be implemented
- Increased sanitation of all self-serve stations
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be available at ALL self-serve stations to be used by students and staff.
K-8 Virtual and Cedar Crest Cyber (C3)
- 5-day meal packages offered to all students in this program (https://bit.ly/2KAG6x5)
- Pre-order survey by end of day on Monday
- Pick up package of Breakfast and Lunches each Tuesday from 3–3:45 p.m. Please NOTE: Due to supply issues, the first Weekly Meal pick-up distribution will be Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
- FREE to every child enrolled in K-8 or C3
- Menu is updated on the ore-order survey
- Options include shelf stable foods; half-gallons of milk; and student favorite entrees
As we navigate through the unknown, please note that Cornwall-Lebanon School District will continue to update this page with the most recent changes in protocols. We encourage all students to participate in our FREE meal programs.
If you have any questions, you may email me at email@example.com