Community Bulletin BoardThis website is provided as a community servicewithout any representations or warranties, express or implied.
Items appearing on this website in no way constitute an endorsement by Cornwall-Lebanon School District.
All questions should be directed to the contacts listed.
Please complete the Community Announcement Form to post an announcement to this page. Items submitted will be reviewed for approval according to CLSD policies and procedures.
Activities, Opportunities, Events & Info
Family Literacy: Free ESL & GED Classes for Parents/Guardians of children between birth and 3rd grade Dates: Now through 06/11/2020 Times/Locations: ESL class at Northwest Elementary School (Old Forge Rd, Lebanon): Mon–Wed, 3:30-5:30 pm, Thurs, 3:30-7:30 pm; ESL Class at Harding Elementary School (622 Chestnut St, Lebanon): Mon-Thurs, 9 am-12 noon; GED/High School Equivalency Class at IU13 1 Cumberland St: Mon-Thurs 9 am–12 noon Details: Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 offers these FREE ESL & GED classes for parents/guardians of young children to offer them the opportunity to improve their own skills while also preparing their children for success in school and life. Contact: Maritza Garcia, email@example.com, (717) 450-1525 Website: http://www.iu13.org/communityed
...3-17-20 Update: DVI has postponed this event"Cracked Up" - Free central PA film premiere for everyone ages 13+ Date/Time: April 5, 2020; 1-3 PM Location: Allentown Theatre, 36 E. Main Street, Annville, PA 17003 Details: Sponsored by Domestic Violence Intervention (DVI) of Lebanon County, Inc. In "Cracked Up," we witness the impact adverse childhood experiences can have across a lifetime through the incredible story of actor, comedian, master impressionist and Saturday Night Live veteran, Darrell Hammond. Behind the scenes Darrell suffered from debilitating flashbacks, self injury, addiction and misdiagnosis, until the right doctor isolated the key to unlocking the memories his brain kept locked away for over 50 years. "Cracked Up" creates an inspiring balance between comedy and tragedy helping us understand the effects of childhood trauma in a new light, breaking down barriers of stigma and replacing shame with compassion and hope. This free screening is in recognition of National Child Abuse Prevention Month. No need to register. A goodwill offering will be accepted to defray costs. *Scroll down your flyer with more details. Contact: Mike Ritter, firstname.lastname@example.org or, (717) 273-7154 Website: www.dviolc.org
Lebanon Macaroni Kid: Get a weekly roundup of family friendly events and activities, recipes, crafts and more by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. Contact: Alison Wenger, email@example.com Website: www.lebanon.macaronikid.com
- Lebanon Community Library presents Free STEM In Action programs Dates/Time: First Monday of each month (through June 2020) at 6pm Location: Lebanon Community Library, 125 N 7th St, Lebanon Details: STEM In Action is a new series of classes presenting STEM topics with an environmental focus. The classes are geared toward ages 6-10, but all are welcome, classes are FREE, and no registration is required. *Scroll down for flyer with more details and program topics. Contact: Sarah Annibali, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 273-7624 x207 Website: lebanon.lclibs.org Contact: Sarah Annibali email@example.com or, (717) 273-7624, press #4 Website: lebanon.lclibs.org
- Camp Shand YMCA SOAR: School's Out Adventure Rangers for students entering 1st grade through 16 years Date/Time: April 10, 2020; 8am -4:30pm Deadline for Registration: March 27, 2020 Location: YMCA Camp Shand, Route 322, Cornwall, PA Details: Join us for a day filled with STEAM and camp based activities! *Scroll down for flyer with more details. Contact: Chris Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 272-8001 Website: ymcacampshand.org
- Tour Historic Mt. Lebanon Cemetery: Celebrating 150 years as an ongoing garden cemetery! Date: May 20, 2020 (highlighting monuments) Location: Mt. Lebanon Cemetery, 235 Maple St., Lebanon 17046 Details: Open to the public. *Scroll down for postcard with details. Free; donations appreciated. Contact: Michael Trump, 717.507.7200; Mt. Lebanon Cemetery Association (717) 273-1152.
- Free Preschool for those that qualify! Head Start and Early Head Start are accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year! Apply at www.myheadstart.com
- Lebanon County Head Start for pre-school children, ages 3-5 Deadline for registration for next school year: mid-May Location: 1 Cumberland Street, Lebanon Details: Parents/Guardians must call in to 717-450-1512 to start the process. *Scroll down for a bilingual flyer. Contact: Heather Pappalardo, enrollment specialist, email@example.com; (717) 450-1711 Website: firstname.lastname@example.org
Odyssey of the Mind
CLSD Odyssey of the Mind Club for students in grades K-12 Contact: Rose Lantz, email@example.com, or (717) 278-0519.
Before & After School Programs
- Girl Scouts in the Heart of PA: Girls in grades K-12 Details: Join anytime. Many ways to participate - Summer Camp, troops, events, and many other opportunities. Start the fun today! Contact: Cindy Levengood, firstname.lastname@example.org; (717) 884-3643 Website: www.gshpa.org
- Lebanon County Cub Scouts: Boys and girls in Grades K-5 Details: *Scroll down for flyer with more details. Contact: Nicole Welch, email@example.com; (717) 553-4202 Website: http://www.padutchbsa.org
American Heritage Girls Troop #1747 for girls ages 5-18 Dates: Tuesdays, Sept.-May, 6:30-8:00 p.m. Location: Moravian Church, 1115 Birch Rd., Lebanon Details: *Scroll down to click on program flyer with more info. Contact: Kelly Kapp, firstname.lastname@example.org; (717) 269-7662 Website: www.ahg1747lebanon.com
Grace Point Learning Center - Lebanon Half-day Kindergarten SACC for children entering kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year Dates/Times: Beginning August 26, 2020, 6:30 am - 8:45 am; 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Deadline for registration: August 1, 2020 Location: 900 S. 5th Ave. Lebanon Details: Grace Point Learning Center is continuing to offer a half-day kindergarten SACC program for the coming school year. We are a Keystone 4 center, and our teachers plan lessons in accordance with the PA Early Learning Standards. Contact: Tammy Finkey, director email@example.com or, (717) 202-3635 Website: http://nazgp.org/lclebanon
- Lebanon Valley Family YMCA Before and After School Programs for children grades Kindergarten through 5th grade during the school year Location: Programs available at every elementary school in Cornwall Lebanon School District. Open 6:30am-6pm, Monday through Friday. We also have other locations throughout Lebanon County. Details: Kindergarten care availability differs at each location Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 376-1384 Website: www.lebanonymca.org
U-GRO Learning Centers Before & After School Program for children up to 8 years of age Location: 825 Helen Drive, Lebanon Dates/Times: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Details: Located on a two-acre campus at the Tuck Business Center, U-GRO provides programming to support & enhance what your child is learning at school. Bus service offered to South Lebanon and Cornwall Elementary. Contact: Sara Croman, Center Director, email@example.com, (717) 561-2201 Website: www.u-gro.com
Ambassadors For Christ for students in grades 1-5 at South Lebanon Elementary School Date: October through May, the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month, while school is in session, 3:45-4:30 p.m. Location: LGI Room at South Lebanon Elementary School Details: This meeting is a middle/high school student-led program that is chaperoned by adult volunteers. It includes a snack, Bible lesson, songs, prayer, games & occasional crafts. Permission forms must be completed to attend. *Scroll down for a detailed flyer. Flyers also are available in the SL office. Registration is open throughout the year. Parents are responsible for transportation following the meeting. Students are excused at the doors near the LGI room. Announcements will be available through the Remind app by contacting Kathy via email. Contact: Kathy Bollinger, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, (717) 949-3244.
Cedar Crest Baseball Contact: Josh Brown, email@example.com, or, (717) 222-4443 Website: https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=crestbaseball
Youth Legion (ages 13-16)/Prep Legion (ages 13-14) Contact: Jason Huber, firstname.lastname@example.org, or, (717) 682-9159 Website: On Facebook: "North Cornwall Baseball Association"
Ebenezer Baseball Association 2020 Online Registration for boys/girls baseball (ages 5-16) Date: Beginning Jan. 9, 2020 Deadline for Registration: April 1, 2020 Details: Registration deadlines varies by age group. First deadline is March 1st. Contact: Dwayne Elder, email@example.com; (717) 304-0069 Website: EbenezerBaseball.com
Union Canal Athletic Association Baseball/Quickball Registration for boys and girls, ages 5-12 as of August 30th of the current year Deadline for Registration: March 1, 2020, with limited exceptions. *Scroll down for flyer with details and registration. Contact: Gene Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 269-9123.
Falcon Youth Basketball Club for boys and girls in grades 1 thru 6 residing in Cornwall-Lebanon School District. Registration: Register online in September Contact: Steve Beard, email@example.com Website: www.falconyouthbasketballclub.com
Falcon Youth Cheerleading (formally Ebenezer and CQM) for children 6-12 years old by Sept. 1 Contact: Audrey Blauch, firstname.lastname@example.org,(717) 269-7073 Website: Ebenezer Falcon Cheerleaders Facebook Page
Cedar Crest Ice Hockey Club for Cedar Crest students in grades 5-8 Details: This club supports ice hockey players at Cedar Crest. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ccicehockey Visit our website for more information and to register. Questions? Contact: email@example.com or, (717) 269-1086 Website: www.cedarcresticehockey.com
Online Registration for 2020 Spring Boys Lacrosse for boys in grades 2-8 Details: *Scroll down for flyer with more info. Contact: Lee Umberger, CedarCrestYouthLax@gmail.com, or, (717) 376-8001 Website: https://tshq.bluesombrero.com/cedarcrestylcpa
Cedar Crest Boys Soccer Club Contact: Travis Bensing, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 272-2033, ext. 5986.
- Ebenezer Union Canal Soccer Club: www.eucsoccer.net Contact: Marc Freshley,email@example.com
Falcon Futbol Club Development Soccer Teams for ages 10-14: Contact: Sam Shillabeer, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional info; (484) 256-6708.
- Lebco United Soccer Club (Iron Valley United Soccer Club) Contact: Chris Young, email@example.com or, (717) 824-6046 Website: http://www.ironvalleysoccer.org/registration/
- South Lebanon Softball Association 2020 registration for Girls age 5-18 in the Cornwall-Lebanon School district Deadline for Registration: March 6, 2020 Details: *Scroll down for flyer, registration form and medical release. Registration forms and medical release paperwork can also be mailed to the address on the form. This is strongly encouraged. Checks can be made payable to S.L.S.A Contact: Steve Gable, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (717) 821-1109
- Cedar Crest High School Swimming Pool is open for Community swimming, according to guidelines, and Swimming Lessons. Check out our new Swim Clinic offering, too Dates: Open all year (Click here for monthly posted swimming schedule on website) Location: John W. Davis Natatorium (CCHS Pool) Contact: Chris Seldomridge, email@example.com Website: www.clsd.k12.pa.us, under the COMMUNITY tab
Falcon Mat Club Youth Wrestling (K-6th grade) Contact: Amanda Hansell, firstname.lastname@example.org, or, (717) 679-7024. Website: https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=falconmatclub
Youth Summer Camps (Non-Sports)
- Camp Shand YMCA Day and Overnight Summer Camps for students entering 1st grade through 16 years old Date: 6/14/2020; *Scroll down to see Brochure for specific program times and dates Location: YMCA Camp Shand, Route 322, Cornwall, PA Details: Day and Overnight Camps run weekly starting 6/14 and ending 8/21 Contact: Chris Smith, email@example.com, (717) 272-8001 Website: ymcacampshand.org
- Summer Clay Camp for children ages 6-16 with no clay experience Location: krb ceramics, 278 Northwood Drive, Lebanon 17042 Details: This is a two-part camp: Chose from any week for Summer Clay Camp Part 1: Clay Building ... July 14, 15, 16 from 9-11 AM; July 21, 22, 23 from 9 AM-11 AM; or, July 28, 29, 30 from 1-3 PM (Glazing: August 4, 5, 6 from 9-11 AM, only). Chose from any week for Summer Clay Camp Part 2: Glazing ... July 28, 29, 30 from 9-11 AM; or August 4, 5, 6 from 9-11 AM Contact: Karen Beall, firstname.lastname@example.org or, (717) 679-0475 Website: www.krbceramics.com
- Open Studio for children ages 10-16 with some clay experience Location: krb ceramics, 278 Northwood Drive, Lebanon 17042 Details: This is a two-part camp: Open Studio Camp Part 1: Clay Building ... July 14, 15, 16 from 1-4 PM. Chose one week for Open Studio Part 2: Glazing ... July 28, 29, 30 from 9-11 AM; or August 4, 5, 6 from 9-11 AM Contact: Karen Beall, email@example.com or, (717) 679-0475 Website: www.krbceramics.com
- Springhaven Woods Discovery Camp for children in grades Kindergarten to 5th grade Date/Time: June 29, 2020; 8:30-3:30 PM Deadline for Registration: July 10, 2020 Location: Springhaven Woods, 116 Springhaven Rd, Newmanstown, PA 17073 Details: Springhaven Woods Discovery Camp is a nature camp with a STEAM based curriculum. Session One - Stop, Snap and Cache (6/29-7/2) Stop Motion video production and geocaching. Session Two - Up, Up and Away (7/6-7/7/9) Drone Technology and wings in nature. Session Three - Muck, Yuck and Slimy Things (7/13-7/19) Pond and Stream studies and junk box engineering. Contact: Phran Simmermon, firstname.lastname@example.org, (717) 507-9225 Website: www.springhavenwoods.com