Please remember: Any serious ailments or injuries should be attended by your regular physician.
School Nurse Duties Include:
- Making sure that all PA state mandated guidelines are followed
- Confirming all students have proper immunizations
- Checking records for all students to have periodic physical and dental exams
- Screening all students for height, weight, BMI, vision and hearing
- Providing basic first aid
- Communicating with parents if a student is ill or seriously injured
- Keeping all CLSD students HEALTHY!
A School Nurse Cannot:
- Diagnose or treat illnesses or injuries – other than basic first aid for incidents that occur during school hours
- Keep stocked medications – other than those for which the school physician has given orders and parents have given written permission for their student to take.
- Replace good medical care from a family heath care provider