Welcome to the Food Services website! This site holds the important information related to meals provided by the schools and related health and nutrition resources. The Cornwall-Lebanon School District is committed to providing good nutritional options and advice for our students! We’re continuing to strengthen our efforts to provide the best possible nutrition for our students throughout the school year.
News from the Supervisor of Food and Nutrition Services
The Cornwall-Lebanon School District Food Service Department has been allowed to operate under a number of federal waivers in order to provide children, students, and families with the greatest flexibility to obtain free nutritional meals during the unprecedented circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic that began in March, 2020. Recently, the District was notified that the federal government has not extended the Universal Free Meals waiver for the 2022-2023 school year. Lunches at school are no longer universally free for all students.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) does not have the authority to extend the Universal Free Meals waiver without Congressional approval. While many individuals and organizations continue to advocate to Congress for this cause, at this time, school nutrition programs must return to normal, pre-COVID operations. As a result, lunches at school are no longer universally free for all students.
Food Service accounts for students who do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals will revert to paying status for breakfast and lunch for the 2022-2023 school year. CLSD student families that are unable to pay in full for student meals may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals, based on income level or government assistance and are encouraged to learn more and apply here.
- Breakfast and lunch menus are available on the Lunch and Breakfast Menus tab. Please be advised that due to supply chain issues, the CLSD Food Service Department may have to change menus at any school level on a moment’s notice. All efforts will be made to notify families of any substantial changes. In most cases, Food Service expects to be able to substitute similar items and to keep the service of student meals as seamless as possible.
- Free and Reduced Price Meals: For more information on free or reduced-price meals, click on the Free and Reduced Meals
- Student Account Balances: For information about setting up or adding money to your family’s household lunch account on Skyward Parent Access, click on Account Balances.
National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs
- Breakfast is available at each school in the Cornwall-Lebanon School District. Breakfast is universally free for all enrolled students.
- Cornwall Elementary School– Served and consumed in café
- South Lebanon Elementary School – Served in the entryway, consumed in class
- Ebenezer Elementary School – Served in café, consumed in class
- Union Canal Elementary School – Served in café, consumed in class
- Cedar Crest Middle School – Served in the Commons area, consumed in class
- Cedar Crest High School – Served and consumed in café
- Lunch is available at each school in the Cornwall-Lebanon School District. Meals are prepared onsite and served to students in the cafeteria area. Menus vary by grade levels and can be viewed on the Lunch Menu. Lunch is free for students who qualify for free meals.
- Meal Prices are as follows:
Free Reduced Paid Elementary Breakfast — — — Elementary Lunch — $0.40 $2.75 Middle School Breakfast — — — Middle School Lunch — $0.40 $2.85 High School Breakfast — — — High School Lunch — $0.40 $2.95
- Child Identification (PIN or student name) is used to identify ALL student Food Service accounts. Because ALL students must use their PIN to access funds in their account, students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals do not have any noticeable identifiers when receiving breakfast or lunch. Information regarding students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals is confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside the Food Service Department unless permission is requested and granted from the family.No student will be turned away from the cafeteria line due to a negative balance. Students may receive a full meal while their Food Service account is in arrears; however, students will not be permitted to charge à la carte snacks or entrees while their account is in arrears.
- Questions? For questions regarding student meals, or general Food Service inquiries, please contact Ms. Emily Rodriguez, RDN, firstname.lastname@example.org; or, call (717) 389-1849.