Observe Traffic Signs When Driving on CLSD Roadways
Transporting students to and from school is a necessary part of a sound educational program in a district such as ours. Perhaps no other area demands more responsibility for student welfare than the transportation of students on public highways, streets, and roads.
Part of the safety surrounding transportation of students involves the cooperation of those who transport students to and from school in private vehicles. Drivers should be aware of and abide by signs that are clearly posted in areas where school buses and school vans discharge and load students. These signs indicate times when only buses or vans are permitted in the drop-off and pick-up areas. It is imperative for the welfare of our students who use either a school bus or a school van to be able to exit and enter these vehicles safely.
On behalf of the students who ride our school buses and school vans, we want to thank those who drive students to any of the district’s buildings for acknowledging the posted areas restricting personal vehicles. Your continued cooperation will ensure the safety and welfare of all of our students as they are transported both to and from school.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Locations
Each building has requirements for areas that are to be used for parents to pick up and/or drop off students. Please be sure to know and follow your student’s building rules for pick up and drop off, listed below.
Cedar Crest High School
- School Buses drop-off at Door A
- Student drop-off is at door E (“Alumni Gym” entrance across from the stadium)
- Both Door A and Door E will open no earlier than 7:15 a.m.
End of Day Pick-Up:
- Students can be picked up at either Door C (Auditorium) or Door E (“Alumni Gym”)
- After students are dismissed at 2:30 p.m., students must exit the building or possess an after-school pass from a teacher to remain in the building, If a student is staying for an athletic practice or detention, tutoring with a teacher, or completing research in the library, a pass from the appropriate teacher or grade-level principal must be in their possession. Due to security reasons, the policy will be strictly enforced and students who are found loitering will be considered trespassing and receive consequences.
Cedar Crest Middle School
Middle School Students who are not being transported by school bus or van are to be dropped off and/or picked up at the beginning and end of the school day behind CCMS. ONLY school bus/van drivers are permitted to access the driveway loops in front of the buildings at these times. Parents/drivers are asked to drop off/pick up their students in the designated area behind CCMS.
Entering from State Drive: Take Falcon Dr., turn right onto Crest Dr., and continue past the tennis courts to access the safe Drop-off/Pick-up area.
Entering from E. Evergreen Road: Bear right at the High School Campus entrance, drive past the front of the stadium, turn left onto Crest Dr., and continue past the tennis courts to access the safe Drop-off/Pick-up area.
Cornwall Elementary School
- Drop-Off time is 8:45 a.m.
Parents are to enter and exit the playground parking lot to drop off their student.
Students should enter the building and go to class.
Playground opens at 3:15 p.m.
Back door opens at 3:20 p.m. for parents to enter café hallway and sign in. Please have ID available to be checked.
Double doors are shut and parents are not permitted to go past the double doors. Students will be called at 3:25 p.m. for parent pick up.
Ebenezer Elementary School
- AM drop off time is 8:45 a.m.
- Parents are to enter and exit the playground to drop off their student.
- Students should enter the building to go to class or to the cafeteria for breakfast.
- PM pick up time is 3:25 p.m.
- Gates to the playground will be open at 3:25 p.m.
- Parents enter the playground to pick up their student. Parents will be required to show photo ID and sign their student out.
- After picking up their student, parents will exit the playground.
South Lebanon Elementary School
AM Parent Drop-Off
Please enter and exit the parking lot from the rear driveway off of Endress Road. Entry and exit from Rt. 897 is not allowed.
Remain in line and follow the arrows on the pavement.
Students will be dropped off at the office doors at the 3 cones.
Students will be greeted by a staff member on a daily basis.
Students will be allowed to enter the building at 8:45 a.m.
Any students arriving prior to 8:45 a.m.will not be supervised and will not be allowed to enter the building.
PM Parent Pick-Up
Parents will pick their students up outside of the main office. Parents must exit their cars and show their I.D. to a staff member.
Please provide a note or call the office prior to 3:00 p.m. to inform us that your child will be picked up. (A blanket note for the year or certain days of the week is acceptable instead of writing notes on a daily basis.)
Parents may begin lining up at 3:15 p.m. along the wall under the overhang next to the office.
Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during this time.
A staff member will be outside checking I.D.’s against the list of names provided prior to student dismissal.
Students will be called to be dismissed at 3:25 p.m.
Students will be matched with the parent that signed out the child.
Any student not on our parent pick-up list will have to be signed out in the office after the students are dismissed.
Union Canal Elementary School
Information to be updated soon.