The USDA allowed schools to offer free meals to all students for two years during the pandemic, but Congress has not extended this benefit for the 2022-2023 school year. Families that are eligible for free or reduced-price meals must apply here and qualify to receive them.
Families that qualify for free or reduced-price meals through the application process may also be able to participate in additional benefits. These benefits include possible P-EBT funding, discounted internet access, and waived testing fees.
It is important that all families that may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals apply as soon as possible. Apply online to receive free or reduced-price meals via the SchoolCafe link here (*see helpful tips, below); or, complete and return the paper application for Free & Reduced Price Meals that will be provided to every student in the District during the first week of school.
Families applying for free or reduced-price meals should only complete one application, whether that is done online or through a paper submission. Families who are currently receiving SNAP, TANF or specific MA do not need to submit an application as they are Directly Certified for free meals by the state.
All families who submit an application for free or reduced meals for the school year 2022-23 will receive notification of their application status. If you do not receive a notification within 15 business days of submitting an application, please contact the Food Service Department immediately at (717) 389-1849.
*Helpful tips for applying online via SchoolCafe:
Families should click “Create New Account” for their first sign on to the system.
- You will need to have:
- a valid email address and unique password
- Or, you may use a Google account or Apple account
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- IMPORTANT ITEM TO NOTE – Student ID number is needed for the online application. The 7-digit Student ID is located in your child’s Skyward student profile
Friday, Oct. 7, 2022, is the deadline for the carry-over Free & Reduced Price Meal applications.
All previous years’ applications for free or reduced meals expire after October 7, 2022. If the CLSD Food Service Department has not received a new application for your student by Friday, Oct. 7, 2022, your student’s account will revert to paying status and their account will be charged for each meal they receive. Parents/guardians are responsible for all charges to their student’s school meal account as outlined in Board Policy 808.1 (Food Service School Meal Account Charges).
Guidelines & Application Information / Directrices e información de la solicitud
- Download the application packet above
- Review the first 4 pages
- Complete page 5
Print and mail page 5 and 6 to: Cynthia Dunsworth, 101 E Evergreen Road, Lebanon PA 17042; OR, scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
Las solicitudes deben completarse y enviarse al comienzo de cada nuevo año escolar.
Haga clic en el enlace a continuación para ver la solicitud y las pautas para comidas escolares gratuitas o de precio reducido.
- RECORDATORIO: Todos los estudiantes recibieron una solicitud del hogar de Pensilvania 2022-2023 para comidas escolares gratuitas y a precio reducido y un programa especial de leche durante su primera semana de clases. Siga las instrucciones a continuación si prefiere enviar su solicitud en línea. Envíe solo una solicitud, ya sea en papel o en línea. Instrucciones para enviar una solicitud en línea:
- Descargue el paquete de solicitud anterior
- Revisa las primeras 4 páginas
- Completa la página 5