During the 2023-2024 School Year, all schools participating in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) are to provide free breakfasts for all enrolled in-person students. Additionally, students identified as eligible for reduced-price lunches through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) will not be charged for their meals.
Governor Shapiro has approved the universal FREE breakfast program during the 2023-2024 school year. ALL students will be required to make a meal for the breakfast to be considered free. A breakfast meal consists of 3 items, one of them being a fruit. Along with the universal FREE breakfast program, Governor Shapiro also approved NO COST meals for any student who qualifies as REDUCED status.
To qualify for FREE or REDUCED status, families MUST submit an application for Free & Reduced Priced Meals. This application uses family income to identify the status of the students attending CLSD. Families who are currently receiving SNAP, TANF or specific MA do not need to submit an application as they are Directly Certified (DC) for free meals by the state. Families approved for DC status will be notified through email by August 18th.
Families who DO NOT SUBMIT a new application by Oct. 10th will have their current status changed to PAID. All debt incurred while the student is in PAID status will be the responsibility of the household. Families should submit an application (online @ https://www.schoolcafe.com/CLSD) before Oct 10th to avoid incurring unpaid meal debt.
- It is important that all families that may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals apply as soon as possible. Apply online to receive free or reduced-price meals via the SchoolCafe link here (*see helpful tips, below); or, complete and return the paper application for Free & Reduced Price Meals (download below). Paper applications will be available upon request at the main office of each school.
- Families applying for free or reduced-price meals should only complete one application, whether that is done online or through a paper submission.
- IF you are a SNAP, TANF, or MA recipient and have not been notified by Aug 18th, please submit an online application based on INCOME.
- All families who submit an application for free or reduced meals for the school year 2023-24 will receive notification of their application status. If you do not receive a notification within 15 business days of submitting an application, please contact the Food Service Department immediately at (717) 389-1849.
Families should click “Create New Account” for their first sign on to the system.
- You will need to have:
- a valid email address and unique password
- Or, you may use a Google account or Apple account
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- IMPORTANT ITEM TO NOTE – Student ID number is needed for the online application. The 7-digit Student ID is located in your child’s Skyward student profile
Tuesday, Oct. 01, 2023, is the deadline for the carry-over Free & Reduced Price Meal applications.
All previous years’ applications for free or reduced meals expire after October 10, 2023. If the CLSD Food Service Department has not received a new application for your student by Sunday, Oct. 10, 2023, your student’s account will revert to paying status and their account will be charged for each meal they receive. Parents/guardians are responsible for all charges to their student’s school meal account as outlined in Board Policy 808.1 (Food Service School Meal Account Charges).
Guidelines & Application Information / Directrices e información de la solicitud
Applications must be completed and submitted at the beginning of each new school year.
Click on the link below to view the application and guidelines for free and reduced school meals.
REMINDER – Students will receive instructions on how to apply online in their take home packet during the first week of school. Applying online allows for a faster response time for families who qualify for free or reduced priced meals. Families may click the link above to download a paper application and submit to the food service office. Please submit only one application, either on paper or online. Instructions for submitting a paper application:
- Download the application packet above
- Using a pen, complete the application – Instructions available here (Letter to Households & Instructions)
Print and mail page the application to: Cynthia Dunsworth, 101 E Evergreen Road, Lebanon PA 17042; OR, scan to email@example.com
El domingo 1 de octubre de 2023 es la fecha límite para las solicitudes de transferencia de comidas gratis y a precio reducido.
Directrices e información de la solicitud en PAPEL
Las solicitudes deben completarse y enviarse al comienzo de cada nuevo año escolar. Haga clic en el enlace a continuación para ver la solicitud y las pautas para comidas escolares gratuitas o de precio reducido.
RECORDATORIO: los estudiantes recibirán instrucciones sobre cómo presentar una solicitud en línea en su paquete para llevar a casa durante la primera semana de clases. La solicitud en línea permite un tiempo de respuesta más rápido para las familias que califican para recibir comidas gratis oa precio reducido. Las familias pueden hacer clic en el enlace de arriba para descargar una solicitud en papel y enviarla a la oficina de servicio de alimentos. Envíe solo una solicitud, ya sea en papel o en línea. Instrucciones para presentar una solicitud en papel:
- Descargue el paquete de solicitud anterior
- Con un bolígrafo, complete la solicitud: las instrucciones están disponibles aquí (Carta a los hogares e instrucciones)
- Imprima y envíe la solicitud por correo a: Cynthia Dunsworth, 101 E Evergreen Road, Lebanon PA 17042; O, escanee a firstname.lastname@example.org